1. Number of books I have owned: I’d guess in the hundreds. Shockingly, I’ve never counted. Probably because I’d feel like I own an insufficient number if I did. Talk about complexes.
2. Last book I bought: I bought three at once – Walk Two Moons, Number the Stars, and The View From Saturday. I think. I might have bought something as a gift since then.
3. Last book I completed: the aforementioned Self Portrait: Trina Schart Hyman. The last full-length book was The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell.
4. Five (or more) books that mean a lot to me:
(not in order)
1. Pride and Prejudice
2. The Maggie B
3. the dictionary
4. Four Quartets
5. What are you currently reading?
1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Jonathan Safran Foer)
2. Bird by Bird (Anne Lamott)
3. Brat Farrar (Josephine Tey)
4. The Midwife’s Apprentice (Karen Cushman)
5. The Common Reader (Virginia Woolf)
6. The New Yorker
6. To which 5 bloggers are you passing this on?
Whoever feels like it.