More Long Distance Kitchen updates to come shortly! Last Wednesday’s recipe was for Smitten Kitchen’s chana masala, but Bronwen kindly sent me a spice packet and it just arrived today, so I will be attempting (and hopefully documenting) it for lunch tomorrow. But do go read her recap. Then I will try to figure out when to make the recipe I assigned her last Saturday, for Cannellini and Pearl Barley Soup, veganized. Feel free to follow along!
In the meantime, I thought I’d revisit that whole “read what I order” goal. I’ve really got to come up with a catchier name for it. The 5 Books Project? Let’s go with that for now. There’s no specific goal for when I read them, but I’d like to do it sooner rather than later. So, starting with my January order, these are the first 5:
- The Hunchback Assignments, Arthur Slade.
- The Death-Defying Pepper Roux, Geraldine McCaughrean
- Cosmic, Frank Cottrell Boyce
- One Crazy Summer, Rita Williams-Garcia
- The Rock and the River, Kekla Magoon
These weren’t all necessarily published in January, but that’s when I ordered them. I, of course, reserve the right to switch out titles. But these are all ones I’ve had my eye on, and I’ve managed to finish The Hunchback Assignments.
For February, my tentative list is:
- Heist Society, Ally Carter
- 8th Grade Superzero, Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich
- The Night Fairy, Laura Amy Schlitz
- Joey Fly Private Eye (Creepy Crawly Crime), Aaron Reynolds
- Bell Hoot Fables: The Hidden Boy, Jon Berkeley
Now – arg! – I just need to work my way through what’s already on my shelf.