Taken from Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast, the list of seven good things on a Sunday.
- Rain – it’s better at getting up early to water the garden than I am.
- Warm doughnuts from the farmer’s market.
- Little Miss M was one yesterday. Hard to believe.
- Multiple invasions of personal bubble at church (are these people blind?) redeemed by barely surpressed laughter with Annie as we both called the next invader.
- First live storytelling better than hoped. So much easier than repeating it over and over to myself.
- Not only did the kids sit and listen nicely, one asked if I was going to teach Sunday School again next year. I take that as a compliment on either 1) mad storytelling skills 2) letting them get away with more than the current teachers or 3) beautifully improvised lesson plans. Ahem.
- Reading The New Policeman (Kate Thompson) is the perfect antidote to a Saturday spent doing homework. Five stars. Recommended for anyone who feels like they don’t have enough time. I think time slowed down a little while I read it. Also good for fans of Summerland, Irish mythology and folktales, and music. Delicious.